GPS trackers help seniors and caregivers alike to help monitor and ensure safety for those with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Wearable GPS trackers are designed for comfort, convenience, and emergency accessibility.
For seniors that may be prone to wandering, a GPS tracker can be a lifeline. Caregivers and loved ones can have peace of mind in knowing that a loved one can be quickly located independent of the police or Silver Alert Program. Some of the latest wearable GPS trackers are discrete or appear to be a normal fashion accessory.
How GPS tracking keeps people with Alzheimer’s and dementia safe
GPS tracking has helped people navigate their way around the planet for decades. As with the apps for driving directions you use on your smartphone, GPS technology uses information gathered from satellites to figure out your precise location on the ground.
Today, GPS trackers can be so basic and small that people can wear them throughout the day without noticing. These trackers allow caregivers to know exactly where an elderly loved one is to help keep them safe.
The benefits of using GPS tracker for the elderly
- May reduce the time required to find missing individuals with dementia and the costs associated with search and rescue operations.
- May increase the independence, autonomy, and freedom of some people with early- to moderate-stage dementia, and reduce caregiver anxiety and stress.
- May help caregivers and emergency responders to quickly locate and ensure the safety of people who wander.
- Make people with dementia feel more secure and allow them to be more independent.
- Provide reassurance and relieve caregiver anxiety. Wandering adds more confusion to the lives of those already dealing with a disorienting disease, and leads many people with Alzheimer’s or dementia into unsafe situations.
With a GPS tracker, dementia patients can retain some sense of independence and normalcy. At the same time, caregivers can rest assured knowing that they will be alerted in the event of potential harm to the patient.
Learn more about GPS tracker for elderly, please visit at: China GPS tracker manufacturer