How to activate and use the vehicle GPS tracker is almost an “old-fashioned” topic, but many customers who use the locator terminal for the first time still do not understand it.So if you don’t know how to use the vehicle GPS tracker,please read the method and steps below carefully.
There are two types of BD / GPS positioning device: wired and wireless installation-free;
The installation methods of these two kinds of GPS tracker are also slightly different. The wired device needs to be connected to the vehicle’s power makes it could work normally for 24 hours. For the installation-free device, the standby time is usually determined by the size of the battery;
The activation method of Beidou / GPS tracer is:
- Insert SIM card into the device;
- Fully charge the GPS trackerand / or connect to the powerso that it could work;
- Take the GPS trackerout of the houseso that there has strong GPS signal,and wait for a while until it work normally;
The steps for installing the SIM card in the device are:
- Open the shellor the SIM card slot plug of the GPS tracker;
- Insert the SIM card into the device correctly according to the instruction;
- Close the shellor the slot plug;
How to connect to the power?
- Wired device: You can install it by yourselfif you know the electricity well. In fact, as long as you find the positive and negative poles of the car power supply, the negative pole is very easy to find. The position where the body is grounded is the negative pole. The positive may be in the fuse box, or near the key switch.You also could directly connect it to the battery; Please ask the technicians to install it if you don’t understand.
Note: It is best to connect to the regular power, which is not affected by the key switch. You’d better directly connect it to the car battery; The front side of the GPS tracker which have sticker with bar code should be up, and it should not be close to the metal makes it block the interior GPS antenna, for it needs to receive satellite signals 20,000 kilometers away;
- Installation-free device: Charge the GPS tracker until it is full.the charging indicator will change color or stop blinking;
Note: For different types of GPS tracker,the charging indicator displays differently, so please read the instructions carefully before using.
After completing the above steps, the GPS tracker have been activated and could be normal used.